Sunday, December 31, 2023

The last photos of 2023

So it's 16:36 hours on December 31st, 2023 and I just got back from my 'daily mile'. It sounds like a war zone out there, with the local younglings having more fun with fireworks than Merry and Pippin at Bilbo's birthday. 

Canon EOS 90D with a Meyer-Optik Görlitz Oreston 50mm f/1.8

I wanted to get some last shots of the year and much like last year, it was wet and drab today so I grabbed something digital to capture the last day of 2023. That 'something digital' had a Meyer-Optik Görlitz Oreston 50mm f/1.8 lens fitted, a lens that that I have become quite fond of since I acquired it earlier this year. Yes, lenses like this Oreston are old but there is something about them as they deliver images with something that I can only describe as, well, instant coolness. A few examples: 


Cherry blossom in December?


Thanks for visiting this year. You all have a very, very good 2024 and see you next year!


2 comments:

  1. Yes! Instant coolness! I love the red berries with the lights in the background, very festive. The cherry blossom (indeed, in ‘winter’?) is awesome with the shallow dof and the tiny drops on their delicate petals. Wishing you a creative 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joeri, all the best (and lots of photography!) for 2024!

      Delete